This article is updated on March 2nd, 2016.
Juicing should be included in your daily routine, but there’s only one catch: which one should you choose? Among the many different types, variants, designs, and brands, you will get lost among these items… and you may pick the one that doesn’t suit your needs. Been there before, so now I am here to share the experience I have so you won’t be making the same mistakes like I did. And I will share the best juicer 2016 variants and types that I think are the best so far.
The Important Considerations
Choosing the right type of juicer will be easy if you are loaded. Simply buy one, toss it out when it doesn’t work the way you want to, and buy another one. Unfortunately, not all of us born filthy rich, so money can be a sensitive and careful issue. If you want to make a worthy purchase, be sure that you know what you need. Before you march to the store buying the most expensive juicer, be sure whether it is the one that you REALLY need – not because of its high price.
Do you know that there are three main types of the juicer and how they work? I didn’t too until I had to go through the unpleasant experience of buying and then tossing juicer to find the ideal one. If you think that your blender is the most precious item, then you need to get your logic straighten out. Blender will blend and mix everything and then make a nice puree. Juicer, on the other hand, will extract the juice and keep the healthy part intact.
The three main types of juicer are:
- Centrifugal. This kind of juicer works by grinding the fruits or veggies. It will process the products at high temperature so it is likely that the important and healthy nutrients are lost during the process. This kind of juicer is quite inexpensive.
- Masticating. This kind of juicer works by masticating the products. It uses drilling principle while chewing the products in this slow-motion process. You can get the last drop of the juice without having to worry that the nutrients will be stripped off.
- Triturating. This juicer will press the juice in the maximum result so there won’t be any spoilt and the nutrients remain intact. That’s why this one is the generally the costliest.
My Options, My Choices
Like I’ve said before, I’ve tried different kinds of juicer before. Some I keep, some I throw away – or give it away, naturally. So I am sure that I am good enough in providing you with details and information about types of the best juicer to buy. My pick goes to Cuisinart and Omega.
Cuisinart Juice Extractor
Everyone knows that Cuisinart is one of the most promising names in kitchenette industry. Not only this juicer is handy, it is packed up with all the necessary features that will make your juicing routine easier and simpler. Whether you want to make juice from veggies or fruits, this device can really help you. It comes with two different containers – one for the juice, and the other one for the pulp. The one for the pulp has 2-liter measurement that is guaranteed to contain all the pulp, which will be handy for other meal serving or food preparation. Do you know that you can actually use the pulp for making sauces, broth, bread, and other types of inclusion for your meal? Don’t forget that the pulp still contains all the healthy nutrients, so let’s not waste it! The juice container is smaller – only 1-liter capacity – but it is guaranteed to serve you well.
Other perks that you can enjoy from the juicer are:
- It is made of stainless steel, so it is sturdy, solid, and durable. With proper care, you can expect your juicer to last long.
- It comes with special filtering disk for foam management, so your juice will be foam free. Don’t you hate it when the top part of your juice is filled with foam only, instead of the fresh all juice content?
- The juice container is removable with a compact size that fits nicely for your fridge. If you want to store the juice without having to move it from one container to another, simply detaching the container and store it right away into the fridge is certainly handy.
- The juicer comes with different juicing speed, so you are free to choose the right one for the juice consistency.
- The juicer comes with removable parts that are easily detached and then assembled again, with dishwasher friendly feature. You will even get a cleaning brush that comes with the juicer to make the cleaning time fun, fast, and enjoyable.
- It is quiet with very good design. You can place it over the counter of your kitchen and show it off.
- With only $150, you can have a promising, reliable, and powerful juicer.
If you see Omega 8006, you will see this compact and yet stylish and good looking juicer with rather sophisticated and futuristic design. Another great thing about the machine is that it is the masticating type that will slowly squeeze the products to extract the juice. Even when you have to deal with hard products like carrots or apples, this machine will take care of it real good. When I first used it, I forgot that I had put an apple into the mix. I was afraid that I would break the juicer, but it turns out that it was fine and not harmed at all. Later I found out about the different types of juicer, and I’m glad to choose the masticating one. And this one isn’t overly expensive either. It costs less than $300, which I think is a great deal for such handy device like it.
The things I like so much about this juicer are:
- It is quiet. Thanks to the slow, drilling movement – which explains the absence of spinning blade or spinning motor – you can make your favorite juice anytime you want without having to worry about bothering others. Even when you are suddenly craving for the juice at midnight, you can fix your favorite juice right away and bottoms up!
- It is easy to clean, with removable parts that are easily detached and reassembled again.
- It is versatile and can be used to make almost anything. You can grind coffee beans. You can even mince herbs or other foods. You can make nut butter or fruit sorbets. Basically, it is an all-in-one device with various functionality and usages.
- It has 15 years warranty, which says a lot about the quality and also performance of the product.
Those are the products that I like the best from the others that I’ve tried. I’m not saying that they are super great; I’m just saying that they are really worth the purchase. I’m looking for efficiency, reliability, and performance – low price won’t hurt either. Be sure that you know what kind of juicer you want before you choose on a certain product. Don’t rush things and make sure that you go through all your options before making the purchase. Happy hunting!